QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Thursday, September 11, 2014

Richmond Reds: Projects & Kits



Richmond Reds
79" x 79"

For every Moda fabric collection our pattern designers work with the fabric designer to come up with a "Project Sheet." Susan Stiff and I collaborated on this star design for Richmond Reds, which is being shipped to stores in September. The above quilt has been packaged as a kit. You can pre-order now.

But we aren't the only designers coming up with ideas for kits and patterns. I am glad to see some "crowd sourcing" going on at Etsy and EBay. 

Me thinking up ideas

This means I do not have to come up with all the clever ideas for how to use my pre-cuts and yardage. Other people do it too.

I love it. 
You can buy these kits with patterns online.

Here are two searches to click on:

Etsy

EBay




Scroll down and see what's up. Or do searches for these words:

Moda Kit Richmond Reds




You'll find kits for many other lines too. If you see a fabric collection you like
do a search for kits.

5 comments:

  1. love the richness of the reds and browns together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice designs with the fabrics, really shows them off. I do love the log cabin, a design I have yet to make so maybe this year I can try one with my flannels.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estas telas son preciosas y los proyectos son una maravilla. Me encanta las telas que has usado para el l camino de mesa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This line is fabulous! I can't wait for it to hit my LQS (adding another item to my birthday wish list)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for such a beautiful range of fabrics! It took me a while to decide how to use this set of 40 Richmond Red fat quarters. I thought a sampler quilt would provide the perfect vehicle to show off such a wonderful variety of colours and designs. Luckily I came across a blog by Dawn, from FIrst Light Designs, and her interpretation of a quilt design by Terri Krysan called Reach for the Stars. Here is a link to Dawn's blog which includes several interpretations of the quilt design, including my finished object using your fabrics: First Light Designs .

    ReplyDelete