QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Monday, June 2, 2014

Ladies's Album in an Apple Core

To the Core kit and pattern, a scrap quilt
using my Ladies' Album reproduction fabric collection
from Moda.

 See the pattern in Fons & Porter's Quilting Quickly, Summer 2014

57" x 70"
The quilt uses 3 Layer Cakes of Ladies' Album prints
or 99 squares 10" x 10"

See more here:


And watch a free video on how to cut and piece here:

They show you how to cut the apple core shape from
a 10" square using their core template and how to
stitch those easy curves by machine.


If you are looking to improve your piecing skills this would be a good pattern.

3 comments:

  1. I got the apple core die and tried a couple, but I kept messing up the sewing. I need to rematch the videos, they make it look so easy, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`ve never tried apple core pattern.This quilt is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara - you have done it again! After buying 1 yard cuts of the entire Metropolitan Fair collection I couldn't imagine having to do it again, but I love "Ladies Album" even more. You are killing me (but I truly love it!). Thanks for another great collection.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete